Sunday, January 22, 2017

Once Upon a Time there was a bookworm...

Much like my stitching blog is called Epic Stitching because I do epic large stitching; this page is called Epic Reading as I adore science fiction and fantasy books. Large epics with lots of detail and characters are exactly where I like to be. I also read a lot of young adult/teen books these days as they are so often dystopian, fantasy worlds.

I've always been an avid reader. As a child I was more likely to have a book in hand than be hanging out with friends. Books have always been an important part of my life and anytime someone asks what luxury item I'd want to take on an island I have to debate between stitching and a book. I usually pick a book as it's something I can read over and over again.

GoodReads instantly became one of my favourite sites (and apps) as social media took over our lives. I have never, ever been able to find so many great books (or people) in one place before!
What started as a hobby to track my books read per year (which I did before GoodReads existed) and keep track of what I want to read but don't own quickly became a place where I could have my opinion/review of a book. In the last couple years I've being reviewing every book I read and loving spending the time in reflection on the book after closing the last page. Thus, I became a NetGalley reviewer and am now taking the next step in being a book reviewer by creating this page on my blog.

What you can expect to read on this page: 
- Reviews on books I've just read (pre-releases or older ones)
- Posts about past books I've adored and loved
- Hype for new books coming out that I've interested in

I'd like to thank all my stitching friends and current followers for being so supportive of this page being added to Epic Stitching!

5 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Netgalley is great, isn't it? I love being in on the new titles. Good luck with your Epic Reading.

Justine said...

I'm really out of the reading habit since I discovered blogging in 2013 and cross stitch took over my life again! I'm looking forward to your reviews.

Leonore Winterer said...

Better clear up some space in my to read list as I see lots of must-reads coming up here...eh, who am I kidding, I'm just going to be cramming them in with the ones already there anyways!
I'm the same, reading is probably my oldest hobby, and just as important for my mental wellbeing as crafting/stitching. Video games come in on third place, but I can easyly not play them for a few days if other stuff requires my attention...going a day without doing a few stitches and reading a few pages, however, and I instantly feel uneasy!

deb said...

Uh oh ... I have a feeling my "to read" list at Goodreads is going to grow significantly. :)

Heather said...

Those are my favorite choices as well. I'm reading a romance fantasy right now that features Alice and the Mad Hatter. I can't tell yet if it's a different Alice though