Friday, July 31, 2015

SFS July Report & Metamorphosis FINISH!

I feel like I've had so few finishes in last couple years and that suddenly there is a giant flood of completions in last couple months. It's a very odd thing for me.  Odd = good. :) 
 
Month = July 2015
Spent = $28
Finishes = $14 (Metamorphosis)

I bought some DMC for my new 'mini epic piece' that I will share in August. As well as did some bad eBay shopping; but kept it all in budget so I'm pleased!
 
Metamorphosis Finish (by Ink Circles) 
This was a project I started in August of last year as I was having a hard time focusing on stitching and the determination was that I was getting bored of dragons and needed to remedy that by a new start. So I hunted through 3 drawers of already kitted up and ready to go projects and selected Metamorphosis by Ink Circles. The nice thing about this pattern is that it's like having 7 little finishes for each motif.
Threads are Gentle Art, exactly the same colors as charted. I think the linen is a 30ct. Not sure on color or company, sorry.
Here's some pics!


 


 
I don't know what I did with the full length picture... *shakes head* but you get the idea. It's all 7 motifs in a row (above two photos show the middle 'yellow' motif twice).

Up Coming:
- I have started a new "epic" piece and will be sharing it shortly!
- The baby sampler from a couple months ago is headed to the framers so I should have it back in August to share
- I started 'Take Time to Read' while on vacation last week (stay-cation) and will share my progress on it as well in August.
Happy Stitching!

19 comments:

lynda said...

I love this piece! I was going to send it around for a round robin, but I think I will just stitch it myself now! Yours looks great.

lynda said...

I love this piece! I was going to send it around for a round robin, but I think I will just stitch it myself now! Yours looks great.

Leonore Winterer said...

Congrats on the finish! I love when those start rolling in, and this is indeed a very lovely piece ^_^

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

This came out so beautifully!

Trinabelle said...

Metamorphosis looks great, but I think the second motif is missing a petal on the right hand side. Just thought you'd want to know.

Pull the other thread said...

Wonderful finish. Love the colours used.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Beautiful ")

Susan said...

Beautiful finish. Enjoy your stay-cation. I do like them better than the pack-up and travel ones.

Heather said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish :)

Joy said...

That Ink Circles piece should be interesting to frame. I haven't done anything by them but their pieces look interesting.

Karen said...

Very nice design!

Kelly aka STITCHNMOMMA said...

Beautiful finish! I also love Ink Circles designs. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wonderful finish. I love the way each motif is slightly different to the previous one.

And well done to the eagle eyed Trinabelle. It would have been so annoying to spot that after framing!

KimM said...

What a lovely finish. It's beautiful.
xxx

D1-D2 said...

Lovely piece and colors.

Suz said...

Metamorphosis is lovely - congrats on the finish!

Esmeralda said...

Congrets on your new finish
Love the colours :)
Look forward to your next project

Unknown said...

Great finish!