Sunday, July 19, 2015

D.E.S.I.G.N - Jeannette Douglass

Are you tired of hearing me talk about Jeannette yet?  (lol)

Most of this post is for the D.E.S.I.G.N. series hosted by a number of great ladies I've gotten to know. Check out information about the SAL and the lovely group of ladies at their shared site:
https://sites.google.com/site/nccinternationalheadquarters/design






D.E.S.I.G.N. Series Post

What project are you talking about this month?
I am starting a new project from Jeannette Douglass that is for my personal library and from her very popular "Time Take to" series. After meeting Jeannette in March I have been inspired to stitch her pieces so much more than even before!

Have you stitched a project by this designer before?Yes, I completed Take Time for Friends (see below) as a gift a couple Christmases ago. It was a dream to stitch and the thread pack was invaluable to get the silks and other specialty threads for a reasonable price.

Would you buy/stitch a design by this designer again? Why/Why not?
Definitely! For one, Jeannette is an amazing woman! Two, her designs are so unlike any others. The combination of cross stitch and specialty stitches makes her projects very interesting for intermediate to advanced stitchers.

What made you choose this particular design/designer?
I'm a broken record now, but meeting her really was a huge inspiration.
I've had this pattern for many years now and have a spot for it in my basement library corner. The library is not in it's own room sadly, but still an improvement over the library wall of my childhood bedroom. My Mom wouldn't let me replace my bed with books. :)

Did you notice anything that distinguished this designer from others?
Her thread packs really make affording her designs so much easier. You don't have to buy full skeins of silks, or other specialty threads. I also enjoy that she's not a huge fan of pink or girly colors. I am also not a big fan of the typical color palette many designers use for cross stitch. I swear we are like two peas in a pod when it comes to tastes and likes!


The Previous Finish
For those newer to my blog, to the right, is my previously completed "Take Time for Friends" that was a Christmas gift for a friend. Final finishing was into a little pillow (that I actually finished myself).

As you can see in the "friends" design there are dozens of different types of stitches and different things happening. From one over one; to the standard two over two stitches, to bargello, diamond and long stitches it's really very fun and different. The 'M' and 'L' are my initials as per Jeannette's design to put you own initials in the piece.

Vacation
DH and I are on stay-cation this coming week. Got some house, yard, stuffs to take care of. I am starting Jeannette's piece above; as well as starting another piece that I'm excited to share later this week! The other new start is even DH approved! He always gives input if I ask but usually doesn't care what I'm working on. In this case he helped pick it out and everything!
Happy stitching!

9 comments:

CJ said...

"Take Time for Friends" is just beautiful.

TFS

CJ

Esmeralda said...

Never ownd a JD pattern or kit
You got me inspired by your tribute :)
Going to look if i can find a pattern wich i would love to make and falls with in my sfs budget
Have fun on your holliday

Justine said...

Those are really unusual designs, you stitched them so beautifully!

Susan said...

Love Janette's designs and have several in my stash, just haven't stitched any. "Take Time for Friends" is beautiful.

Tricia T said...

Cant't wait to see this! It's one of my favorites of Jeannette's designs!

Leonore Winterer said...

I had a feeling you would use DESIGN to blab some more about Jeannette - not complaining here, I love reading about designs I don't know yet :D I love all the speciality stitches she uses, and I'm really looking forward to seeing you work on this one ^_^

The Crafty Princess said...

Very beautiful and I love the sentiment.
xo Alicia

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Definitely agree with Take Time to Read! Jeanette has designed some lovely samplers, I can see why you like her work so much.

Brigitte said...

I love Jeannette Douglas' "Take Time for ..." series and have two or three of them in my stash as well. So beautiful, your Take Time for Friends piece.