Friday, January 27, 2012

Finished ... Dragons

Okay it's not finished. Just another row but it's still very exciting. Only three more rows to go!!!
Doesn't add much from the last time you saw the design as his head is there and such, just filled the space in around. As I work on the next page you'll start to see the second dragon come into view better (the blue stuff on the left side is the beginning of that dragon).
I think that a bunch of the rest of this pattern is going to go much faster as the scales are no where near as elaborate as on the green dragon and there is sky over water which is much more solid.
I'm always excited to make progress on dragons. Here they be so far:
And from an angle:
I need to remember to put a coin or something next time I take a photo as it helps with the sizing. My MIL saw it in person for the first time a few weeks back and commented on how she really wasn't sure what it's sizing was or how tiny the stitches were from just seeing it on my blog. Noted to myself to do that next time.

After success with dragons I picked up Soul Mates for a bit and got through most of another half page. I just have to fill in some holes with one colour. So soon I will have more blue blob to show you. Ohhh... how exciting! :)

Not too much else up, just got my February cottage in the mail and need to finish those snowflakes on January. Some small progress with Rose at other people's places that I've gone to stitch lately. That's about all for now.

Thank you to everyone who commented on my beading last time around. I really appreciate it. Haven't done any since but I'll get back to it (eventually) and try something different next time.
Thank you for all your comments!


24 comments:

Cindy said...

Great progress on Dragons. I really like this one. Hope to see pictures of Soul Mates soon also.

Cindy in MA
http://homeofaflossjunkie.blogspot.com

Vicky L said...

Dragons is looking great. Keep it up!

Linda said...

Wow. Dragons is awesome. Looks great.

Linda

Heather said...

Way to go! It is looking fabulous.

htimcj said...

Your Dragons is looking fantastic!
Heidi-ILCS

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

Wow - thats awesome! You are doing a great job, can't wait to see it when the next 8 rows are done. The detail is incredible.

Heidi said...

Totaly stunning! Great job!

Anne Sans Tete said...

It looks fabulous, Mel!

- Lisa N. in Cambodia

Jo said...

It's looking amazing, can't wait to see it finished now!

Denise SA said...

I really love dragons and every time I see yours I am very tempted but I really do not think I have the patience to stitch one like yours but the simpler ones do not tempt me at all

Emily in NC said...

I am so impressed, think I would have given up and decided it could never be finished.

Pumpkin said...

WOW! Fantastic Mel!!!! So exciting :o)

chrisstitches said...

very very beautiful....

Ali O'Donnell said...

This looks amazing =)

Katrien said...

It's an awesome project, well done!

Nancy M said...

Congrats on getting this far. I know about the size misconception. The Mystic Fruit and cheese I did was the same way. When some of my stitching friends saw it in person they were surprised at how small it was after seeing it online!

Lyn said...

Looks beautiful, only three rows away, I know you can smell the finish!

Lyn said...

You are doing a wonderful job!

Fee said...

Wow Mel dragons is looking amazing. I really admire your commitment to this piece, it will be well worth it and stunning!

Fee.

Bekca said...

This is looking so amazing Mel, I don't know where you find the patience to stick with such a large design.
Best wishes.

Elena said...

WOW ....it looks great!
You did a wonderful job.

Happy stitching

Justflo said...

Looking good. Congrats,

Unknown said...

Looks fantastic!

Shelley said...

Awesome! You are making such great progress on this now that the dragons are visible!