Monday, March 1, 2010

Not dead... yet (and a gift and a bit of stitching)

Well, I'm not dead yet. But working on it it seems.
We've run into a bit of a hitch with my surgery recovery. The actually recovery from the incisions and all that is okay. But sadly I have the same problem as before back with food (and it's almost worse). I am getting pain when eating and crazy acid back up my throat and into my mouth. :(
So I'm on a liquid diet until at least Wednesday (again!) and go for more tests tomorrow. Both the family doctor and the surgeon are being good and fast about helping us so that is good.
Not eating really sucks. (but I lost a bit of weight, or at least that weight I can afford to loose at 120lbs and 5"1)
So that is why I have been quiet. I'm sorry.

In other much happier news. I did do a bit of stitching. Not alot, it's been a rough couple of weeks, but a bit on Stitch or Die:


Also I got a great Birthday/Get Well gift from my friend Evalina. It's a very cool address book (so I can keep track of all my stitching buddies addresses!), a lovely card, and a book about stories of women in the Yukon. Awesome. And great to read before Stitching in the Midnight Sun in Dawson's City in July. (if you want to get in on this weekend in July email myself or Evalina for more details)
Here is the gift:

I'm so sorry I have been unable to get around to blogs. Please forgive me. I am not sure I will catch up at this rate. But rest assured as soon as I am better I will be back to posting as usual.
Thank you so much for all your comments and well wishes.
Here's hoping the next time I get to post it's with WAY better news!

20 comments:

Silverlotus said...

I'm glad to hear you are on the mend, sort of. Hopefully your doctors will get the acid reflux and pain sorted out quickly.

Terri said...

Sorry you are still not doing well. Your stitching is great. And the gift is wonderful. Sent you an email with my number I'll be in Calgary tomorrow if you need anything

EvalinaMaria said...

Hey, that's a great progress on stitching! Your pirate can see!

I am so sorry about your tummy problems, I'm crossing my fingers (I put away stitching till after exams) and toes that doctors will find solution.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

silentsgirl said...

I'm so sorry to hear that things are still so rough for you healthwise. What a frustrating time. Your pirate is lovely, and what great gifts you got!

Carolyn NC said...

Sorry to hear things aren't going well as expected. Hoping you're feeling much better soon! Love the S or D - too cute!

Rene la Frog said...

I am so sorry to hear you are still having medical problems and hope they can find what is wrong and correct it quickly. BIG Cyber Hugs to you.

The stitching looks good and what a lovely gift from Evalina.

Sherry )O( AutumnTurtle said...

Praying to Goddess that you get well soon my dear! Love the stitching it is so fun looking!!
Blessings and Light for you! and your tummy, of course!

Ineke said...

I am sorry you are still feeling not well. And hope you will feel better soon.

Katrien said...

I'm so sorry to read your not well yet. I hope they find the cause soon.

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Hope things get better - sounds awful at the moment. You're not coeliac are you? Just saying that cos my son is, and had similar symptoms before diagnosis!

Kathy said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are still ill. I sure hope the tests can figure out what the problem is.

Shelley said...

I am sorry to hear that you are having complications. I hope that the dr and surgeon find answers and fixes soon and you are back to 'normal' shortly. Sending healing thoughts and hugs your way.

Debbie Jo said...

Your stitching looks great,,,I hate your having such a hard time after your surgery..I wonder if there is still a stone in the bile duct. Been known to happen. Keep us posted. Take care.

Marjorie said...

I'm so sorry you are not feeling better. Sending good vibes your way & hoping that your doctors can find the problem and give you some relief soon!

Sea said...

Sorry you ain't well......Am awaiting a chart that could belong with your Epic stitching....is a fractal!

Cindy in MA said...

Hope you get well soon & this is taken care of for good. Prayers & hugs being sent.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well after your surgery and hope they find out what is wrong with you after the tests.

Marl

htimcj said...

I am sorry that you still aren't feeling well. A teacher at the school I work at seems to have a similar problem She can't swallow anything and when it finally does get down there it does stay and HURTS and acid and just not fun. I hope the dr. can find a solution.
On the stitching front, nice progress!
Heidi-ILCS

Kate said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope the doctors can find out what is wrong and get you better again soon.

Siobhán said...

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems! :P I hope the doctors can figure out what is going on and get you fixed up. Lovely stitching!