Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A quick update

Well things continue to be busy and out of control for myself and my b/f. While we are doing great things... there seems to be alot of stress as well. It's very stressful at my office right now and I just can't seem to count down the days to my holidays (next saturday they start!) fast enough! During my holidays I may be able to get some good stitching time in so I just can't wait.

B/F and I did more hiking, enjoyed the Calgary Stampede, and tragically watched someone hit a deer this past weekend. The deer did not survive but the people in the car did.
So it's been fairly busy and all over the place.

I did, sadly, have to drop out of my Christmas exchange (we didn't have assigned partners so that it was flexible) with my ILCS Yahoo group. Sad, but I just don't think I can take anymore stress right now and I wasn't sure I'd make the deadline. but I will still finish the ornament and either keep it, or RAK it or something.

At any rate I have a few WIP pictures for you this week...

Judgement Dragons... I am still trying to put in one full night a week on this project. It's going soooo slowly. But here is more progress. I'd love to have Page 3 done by the end of July but that is doubtful. So here's hoping for August.


Can you believe I am still working on this pirate?
I can't... it's progressing though.


And here is the progress on my ornament. I will finish this one up shortly so that I at least have a finish on the books! seems like it's been forever since I had one.


As always thanks so much for visiting. I am trying to get around to everyone's blogs again. I should be able to keep up for another week or so until I leave for holidays.

14 comments:

Marjorie said...

Hope things improve for you soon. It's shame how life gets in the way of stitching! Too bad you had to drop out of the exchange, I really like that little tree.

Meari said...

Your WIPs look good, Mel. Hopefully life will de-stress for you soon. Hang in there.

Rene la Frog said...

Hope you holiday comes quickly so you can relax. Don't fret about the ornament, just finish it and hang on to it. We'll be doing another ornament exchange before Christmas and you'll be ahead of the game with yours already finished.

Nice progress on your WIP's, love watching them grow.

Shelleen said...

have a great holiday.

Wendy said...

Hope your holiday comes quicker then you think. So you will have a nice time to unstress.

Love all of your stitching!! Great progresses.

Carissa said...

Mel,

All your WIP's look great, I can't wait to see how you finish the ornie. I hope your holiday helps you de-stress and you can go back to work fully re-freshed!

Carolyn NC said...

Nice stitching all around - good progress! Enjoy your time off!

5 Foot Runt said...

You have progressing nicely. Keep it up and the pirate will finished in no time.

Carla said...

Lovely stitching!!
Sorry you had to drop uot of the Christmas exchange, the little tree you're stitching is lovely!

Cindy F. said...

Love your wips!! and your blog!!

I had to drop some exchanges this year too! It got to be too much. SAL's I can handle better!

Brigitte said...

Very nice progress pictures.
I hope that it will be a little less busy for you in the weeks to come.

htimcj said...

Your WIPS look great! I hope your holidays prove to be as relaxing as you want with lots of stitching!
Heidi-ILCS

Silver Thistle said...

Your pirate project is so cool! I'm going to HAVE to find a copy of that to buy and make for my son, he'll think it's hilarious!

Nancy M said...

Your stitching is making progress, enjoy the week away!